Friday, May 6, 2022

Sadness

Two things I won't be attending tomorrow: my grandson's college graduation (his grandmother is there, and I'm tending the dogs) and yet another memorial service.

I have just learned of the passing of another of my Scouting mentors:


Winfred Clark "Wink" Chamberlain

March 1, 1921-April 7, 2022


But he lived 101 years, 1 month, and 6 days. That's a pretty good run.

The picture above links to his obituary, which I presume was written by his son Bill, another of my Scouting mentors. (Bill had a principal role in "The Great Staff Walkout of 1976," as recounted in my blog posts dated March 11th & 17th of 2013.)

In the first draft I went down a rabbit hole of Scouting stories, but have since decided that this is not the time.

Back in November I learned that another Scouter I admired had passed. I wasn't blogging then so I failed to mention it here.

Kirby Thomas Rapstein
December 31, 1930 – November 18, 2021

This picture also links to an obituary. 

There is also a nice write up here, but you have to scroll down a ways:

I would have linked to the obit in my old home town paper, but it wants me to log in. Maybe it will let you read it for free:

That's all for now. You kids get off my lawn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: